Floortrends is a family owned business that began in 1967 as Kawartha Karpet & Tile, a small flooring store in downtown Peterborough, Ontario. In July 2001, the company outgrew the old warehouse and storefront at Hunter Street and moved to its present home at 1230 Lansdowne Street West.
Today there are a total of 5 Floortrends stores serving South Eastern Ontario. Our locations in Cobourg, Belleville, Bowmanville, Lindsay, and Peterborough have helped people and businesses from Kingston to Bancroft and Pickering to Haliburton. Our stores are designated STAINMASTER Flooring Centres, and must meet strict requirements to be able to carry the top lines and superior warranties offered by Stainmaster carpet. We strongly believe in the Stainmaster brand and see this designation as an opportunity to provide our customers with advantages exclusive to Stainmaster carpet.
We are also a member of the National Floorcovering Alliance, an elite group of flooring dealers selected by, and representing some of, the largest and finest in North America. Membership in the NFA allows us to provide our customers with access to fantastic products at prices that can’t be beat by other Canadian retailers.
Through all the changes Floortrends has remained a family owned business. Our dedicated staff have built our reputation by providing customers with quality flooring, fair prices, and excellent service for over 48 years. But don’t let our age fool you – as our name suggests, we’re on top of the latest trends in flooring products, installation, and design, offering a vast selection to match your style and budget.
We understand that flooring is a big investment and our expert staff are more than happy to help guide you through any residential or commercial flooring project you might have. We install everything we sell so you can be assured that the flooring you purchase will look as beautiful in your home as it did in our showroom. Stop by any of our five locations and we will be happy to discuss your project with you and make recommendations tailored to your needs.
Can’t make it into a store? Take advantage of our “Shop at Home” program and have us bring the flooring samples right to your home! Shopping from home is the best way to see what the products you select will look like in your own home – making sure it matches your furniture, paint, and décor.
Let us know how we can help you.
1. FREE IN HOME ESTIMATES. Our estimators come to your home to measure, answer any questions you have, and provide you with an accurate quote all at no cost.
2. HUGE SELECTION. The showroom has an incredible number of styles and colours for you to choose from, with every type of flooring from the biggest brand names. Plus, our large warehouse allows us to carry over a million dollars of inventory in stock all available for quick delivery to you.
3. GREAT VALUE. Our five stores provide great service and products, and our size gives us better buying power which means exceptional value for you. You can be sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck when you shop with us.
4. SUPERIOR PRODUCTS & WARRANTIES. We are a market leader in bringing new and innovative products to our customers, offering superior flooring and exclusive warranties such as the Stainmaster Platinum Promise, giving you peace of mind.
5. INFORMED CUSTOMERS. Our sales people don’t use high pressure sales tactics, our goal is to educate you on all your options and make recommendations as if we’re selecting and installing the product in our own home, helping you feel confident the flooring you select is the right one for you.
6. FLOORING SPECIALISTS. We are flooring professionals, it’s what we do every day. We are constantly educating ourselves on the newest technology, installation practices, and styles available so you can be confident you are working with knowledgeable and qualified people.
7. EXPERT INSTALLATION. We are a full-service flooring store providing professional and warrantied installation services we stand behind. Our installation crews are experts with decades of experience and are WSIB insured for your protection.
8. EXPERIENCE. You name it, we’ve seen it. We’ve been selling and installing flooring for 50 years so our staff have the knowledge and experience to handle any question or installation scenario you bring to us.
9. REPUTATION. With over 50 years in business we have built a solid reputation for doing business with integrity and honesty, forging long-lasting relationships with our customers, many of whom come back to us 30 years after their first purchase when they are ready for another new floor!
10. FAMILY RUN BUSINESS. Floortrends is a family business and our staff live in your community, when you buy from us we treat you as we treat our friends and family, with fairness and honesty.